Bali – The Island of Gods
Bali is also popularly known as the Island of Gods, it is a captivating and mystical land. Some other synonymous names for the Island of Gods are – Dawning-of-the-World, Last Paradise, Centre-of-the-Universe etc. It is also known to be Indonesia’s spiritual heart as it promotes a satisfying balance in between the environment, human being and spirits.
Bali is famous for its frangipani trees and their fragrance, rice terraces that are steep, enchanting temples, beaches that are palm-fringed, soaring volcanoes and friendly and welcoming Balinese people; and all in all is a very tourist friendly island. Capital of Bali, Denpasar, is an exciting and thriving city, which displays a perfect balance of traditional community and culture of Bali, as well as urban modernity.
Some of the well known places to go while in Bali are:
- a) Treasure Island: Along Karangasem’s east coast, the outline of the largest volcano of Bali is visible, which stands magnificently around the nearby rice terraces. The most sacred peak in Bali is Mount Agung and is an active volcano – the last time it erupted was in 1963. There are innumerous luxury hotels, boutique shops and villas in Bali in Ubud (the cultural centre) and sometimes the roads are gridlocked. However, this area is still virgin as it has mountainous roads, sand beaches, etc.
- b) Denpasar: It is the popular guidebook of Bali, the most congested city but worth a visit for a day or two. There is a Bali Museum in Jalan-Gajah-Mada area and there are many shops and restaurants especially meant for the middle class Balinese people. Along the streets there is Javanese architecture that are an absolute cultural delight. There are grand palaces and ancient temples and some of the best parks as well. Then there is also the Puputan Square, the Catur Muka statue, the Maospahit Temple etc.
- c) Lombok: It has oceans that are aqua marine, sweeping bays, sand beaches that are white, huge volcanic peaks, atolls that are coral-fringed. It is located on the west coast of the island; the biggest attraction of this place is the Gilis Islands. One has to take a boat to view the tranquil settings of Gili Meno, Gili Air and Gili Trawagan. The second biggest volcano of Indonesia, Rinjani, is also situated here. Lake Segara Anak is one of most holy sites here, the color of which is bright emerald green and it has hot springs around it.
Planning around holidays in Bali: There are flights from the capital cities of Australia up to Bali and Virgin Australia can be an option. This is a fantastic opportunity to grab for Australian tourists.
Accommodation deals in Bali:
1) The One Legian – This hotel is located in Kuta and it is a 4-star accommodation. There are 2 restaurants with multiple cusine availability and reviews left by tourists are amazing about the ambience, the staff, the hospitality etc. If one takes a package of 5 nights for 2 people, it includes sightseeing, tours and activities.
2) Swiss – Belinn – It is situated at a 5 minutes distance from the Legian beach and has a swimming pool that is situated outdoors. There is a fitness centre too and there is free Wi-Fi accessibility all throughout the hotel. Most visitors have very nice things to say about this one too!